5 Reasons to Start Running

Running is life-long decision that you will never regret. There is so much to gain from running, and very little to lose. It doesn't matter how fast you run, or how far, all that matters is the fact that you 
RUN. And once you get that runner's high, you will be addicted.

The hard part about running though, is actually starting to run, isn't it? To ease your mind on the best decision of your life, I have thrown together a list of 5 reasons to start running, and how you can start running today.

So, when I think of running, I think of five key reasons to start running. These five motivators are: 1. the thrill of running with friends and becoming more social by doing so, 2. running for your current and future health, 3. the fun that is had while running, 4. the fact that it's a life-long activity that you can participate in forever, and 5. you will become so much more relaxed in your day-to-day life. 

Running with friends

I'm sure if you think about it, you can think of one friend of yours that runs. Running with friends creates an entirely new bond of friendship. You get to know them better, and it is so much better than hanging out. You're actually doing something active!

Running with friends also adds a sort of competitiveness to the otherwise independent physical activity. Friends bring out the competitiveness in us, and in my opinion, there is nothing better than the feeling of adreniline pumping in your veins because you just can't lose to them.

Running for health

Running for health is probably the number one reason why people begin to run. And it's a good reason too. Running helps so many parts of your body, and in the end, you'll thank yourself for choosing to run rather than sitting on the couch.

It is all about the future anyway, and running will definitely promote better health for both the future and the present.

Running for fun!

Running is so much fun. Once you start going, and you're in the 'zone' there is nothing else that you want to do other than RUN. The task at hand may seem daunting in the beginning, but everytime I have looked back at any of my runs, there is not a run where I did not have fun. It just doesn't happen. No matter the discomfort I may have felt on a run, I never look back and think 'Oh that was a terrible run, I had no fun at all'.

I guarantee you, that even on your worst runs, you will always end up think the same thing: 'let's go again'.

Relaxing run...

I run to de-stress all of the time. Going on a relaxing run will calm all of my nerves, anger, and any other negative feelings I am having for the day. It is one of the best reasons to run if you aren't running for health or running for fun.

Running will calm your mind and make everything go away. It's just you, and the road ahead of you. For those few miles it's all you baby! 

I have even found myself figuring out my problems while I run, making running both a relaxer, and a problem-solver!

Two birds with one stone!

Running will follow you to the grave

I see so many runners out there that are over the age of 65 and still going strong. Heck, even my cross country coach is in his 50's and he still runs marathons at a competitive pace!

Age doesn't mean anything in the world of running. You are never too old, or young, to run. Running doesn't segregate, it doesn't have a prejudice. It wants you to get out there, be active, have fun, and conquer the challenges and goals you set out for yourself.



Need more reasons to start running?

No, you don't. Get out there and run. At least try. There is nothing that is going to stop you, and I guarantee you that once you start, you will never stop.

Running is so addictive, and there hundreds of 'reasons' to start running. But only one really matters... because you want to. And in the end, that's the only reason that's going to get you to start running.

0 comments:

Post a Comment